5.26.2010

Karma

I was considering titling this post "I'm an asshole".

Can I admit something?  All winter long normally warmish places south of here were getting snow dumped on them I was laughing.  Hear that Virginia? I was laughing at you. 

That's right, I was chuckling at the fact that a few inches of snow could shut down cities all over the place.  After all, snow and ice and snowplows are the norm around here.  We don't even start to worry until the forecast is for FEET of snow rather than inches.  I was feeling all smug and superior.  I am soooo prepared, bring it on Mother Nature.  I won't turn all wussy when 3 feet of snow dump on us.  I will pull on my hat and boots and shovel, shovel, shovel.  No big deal.

Well, guess what we are NOT prepared for up here? 95 f***ing degree weather.  It is just too hot to go on living.  It turns me into a sweaty (not to mention pale) mess.  It's too hot to move, none of the clothes I own are cool enough, we don't have air conditioning . . . I'm really trying not to complain here . . . but  it is just TOO damn hot.

The kids of course are loving it.  Ice pops, ice cream, playing in the sprinkler . . .

Next winter I will try not to mock all you prepared for the heat but not the snow folks, okay? I'll probably forget though.

No comments:

Post a Comment